A new paper is now available online (open access) at http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1096719216301275?via%3Dihub
The purpose of this study is to learn more about nutritional supplement use in patients with confirmed mitochondrial disorders.
This Study is for:
- Alpers syndrome
- Aminoglycoside-induced deafness
- Barth syndrome
- Carnitine transporter defects
- Complex I deficiency
- Complex II deficiency
- Complex III deficiency
- Complex IV deficiency
- Complex V deficiency
- CPEO "plus"
- Diabetes & deafness
- Hepatocerebral syndrome
- Kearns-Sayre syndrome
- Leigh syndrome
- Leber hereditary optic neuropathy (LHON)
- Maternal-inherited deafness
- Mitochondrial depletion
- Pearson syndrome
- Reversible infantile myopathy with cytochrome c oxidase deficiency
- Pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency
- Pyruvate carboxylase deficiency
- Coenzyme Q10 deficiency
- Other: Fatty acid oxidation disorder.
Our goal is to better assess which nutritional supplements are prescribed to patients with mitochondrial disorders, the monitoring obtained and whether any subjective improvements are noted by the patients or their caregivers.
This study is no longer recruiting patients.